Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Like Mr. Pickett said... RIDE SALLY RIDE

Saturday was the first Crit of the year for me, and I'd like to take this chance to thank WWVC for putting on a very smooth race. As I had been informed, the course is FLAT, WIDE, and SAFE (a rare combination these days in MABRA land it seems). The first thing I noticed was all the NCVC riders.. (I think I counted 8, but I could be mistaken).

Rights reserved - Craig DuBois photographer
Well, the race was short, fast, and relatively calm. The first 3 - 4 laps were really quite fast, and the pack got really strung out and people started to pop off the back (not me for a change!). After that it settled into a stable, albeit reasonably brisk, pace. As you'd expect about 3 laps to go the pace started to pick up and people started throwing attacks off the front. I was near the back of the field and not in a position to attack, so I just rode on home with a sprint for a few more places just because the road was a million feet wide!

Final resutls? 25 of 46

NCVC won, what a shocker..


No comments:

Post a Comment